Era of communication or Era of social network



In the morning when I wake up I used to check my mobile phone, messages, WhatsApp, emails/ personal and official, skype social network newsfeeds (Fb and twitter etc), local and global friends status and activates. Sometime updates status, people also make a to do list for the day. I started responding messages, emails, WhatsApp and skype, social network activities right from bed. My mobile phone make me to start my day right from the bed. 

Recently I have gone through a book called WORL IS FLAT in which author discussed on tech make the world small. In my daily routine meetings, I am working in environment/ working for an organization where our Boss (CEO) is placed in Canada and research office here in Pakistan and many distributor and many well-wishers are many other countries, we will different ethicist from different time zone work together on 1 goal.  We normally do team meeting once a week and everyone joins us in Pakistan virtually in single Conf room on a Skype Group call.

Such things make me realized that it is era of Communication.

My best friend is living in Middle East, 2 hours behind Pakistan. He is working for a USA based mobile app development organization, 10 hours behind him and our friends is living in Australia. 12 hours from Middle East and 10 hours to Pakistan. But we all do meet chat on WhatsApp and group calling and we always look updates on each other’s activities on our social media.

Recently I visited USA- Chicago stated, i missed my flight from Chicago to mineaopills, unfortunately I did not have local num to contact my friends and family.  I meet a person from India at airport he offered me his phone to call my family and inform that I am safe, but unconsciously I told him that I updated my FB status and I believe everyone saw that I am safe. And it realized me that it is social network era 

Few months ago Facebook introduced Safety feature, which will help you to mark safe on your timeline in the disaster situation.


I suddenly realized it neither social media era not Era of communication, it is the era of both Social Media and Communication, social media is being used for communication and Communication app are being used as Social Media. E.g. WhatsApp, Email etc. now we can track people on map with there email address and also social media. 

0 comments:

Post a Comment